VA-ROOTS Archives

November 2011

From:
Gale Fuller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Nov 2011 10:37:08 -0600
Jean/Jane Robertson was the mother of Col John Henry of VA. John Henry was the father of Patrick Henry.

Jean/Jane Robertson married Patrick Henry, farmer and teacher, in Aberdeen Scotland and they had 2 sons and 3 daughters. The two sons immigrated to America and the daughters remained in Scotland. These sons are well known, Rev Patrick Henry and Col John Henry.

It is highly thought that Jean/Jane Robertson had a brother named William Robertson who also came to America. I have a note he was “Dr.” William Robertson but no idea if this is for a medical doctor or an educational doctor. I expect the latter.

Jean/Jane Robertson Henry’s brother was “still alive” in America when her grandson, William Duguid, Jr., came to America and was living with Col.John Henry’s family upon his arrival. This it stated in a letter written to Gov. Patrick Henry by his cousin Margaret Donald of Scotland.

Does anyone have any information on Dr. William Robertson? Where he settled and what his history might be?