VA-ROOTS Archives

June 2005

From:
ljcrain1 <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 8 Jun 2005 21:13:38 -0500
"Who were the
> Picts?"

The original inhabitants of England, Scotland, Ireland and outlying islands,
before the invading Celts, and others. They had ancient Kings, etc. It is
felt that a great deal of their genetics survived. Especially the women's.
There is an ongoing project in England to analyze bones from an ancient
Pictish burial ground.

Janet Crain