VA-ROOTS Archives

June 2005

From:
"Gayle M. Garrett" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gayle M. Garrett
Date:
Mon, 27 Jun 2005 21:31:57 -0500
I have been reading old stones for several years now. What I use to read
them is non toxic, not harmful to environment & really works.
I use corn starch in an old mens dress sock. It works great. I carry it
in a small plastic bucket or a small pasteboard box.
I tap it lightly on stone & use the top end of sock to dust off any
excess. It works really well, & if there is anything there at all you
can read it.
It is safe & the first rain washes it off with out harming the stone.
Good Luck
Coordinator for the Trego, Graham & Sheridan county, Kansas Genweb Project.
Gayle M. Garrett