VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2001

From:
"Grundset, Eric" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Grundset, Eric
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 08:42:01 -0500
The cross on the headstone would not have anything to do with DAR
membership. While DAR members who are veterans could have a military
headstone ordered with a cross on it or a privately prepared/paid for stone
with a cross, the organization does not provide stones with religious
symbols. The DAR does provide markers for members graves with the National
Society's symbol. It seems likely that the stone would have been arranged
for by a family member or friend.

Eric Grundset
Library Director
DAR Library