VA-ROOTS Archives

May 2021

From:
"Deal, John" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 May 2021 11:42:54 -0400
Appointments are no longer required for researchers!!!!

As of May 28, 2021, the Library of Virginia’s second-floor reading rooms
are open to all with no advance appointment necessary during our current
hours: Tuesday–Friday, 10:00 AM–4:00 PM

The Virginia Shop at the Library is also open during the Library’s current
hours: Tuesday–Friday, 10:00 AM–4:00 PM. The shop offers books, gifts,
souvenirs, décor, and other items for history lovers and the
literary-minded. Our Exhibition Gallery will be closed May 29–August 29,
2021, while we prepare for our next exhibition.

The Library of Virginia follows health and safety protocols based on the
latest guidance from the Governor’s Office, the Virginia Department of
Health (VDH), and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)

What to expect when visiting the Library:

   - Face coverings are encouraged in the building—fully vaccinated
   visitors are not required to wear them, but are welcome to do so
   - Face masks and hand sanitizer available for the public
   - Signage describing coronavirus symptoms – Please do not enter the
   building if you feel unwell or have a fever
   - Frequent cleaning of restrooms and surfaces in public areas throughout
   the day
   - The reading room at the State Records Center will remain closed

For additional information about what to expect on your visit, please see
our COVID-19 Update: Guidelines for Researchers
<https://www.lva.virginia.gov/news/documents/COVIDBulletin.pdf>, which will
be updated regularly.

Staff members are still available to respond to your questions and research
inquiries by email or phone. For Library Reference assistance, call
804.692.3777 or email [log in to unmask] For Archives Reference
assistance, call 804.692.3888 or email [log in to unmask]

Please visit our website <https://www.lva.virginia.gov/> follow us on
social media to find online resources, virtual events (and some in-person
events), and other ways to engage with the Library.

Using the Collections <https://lva-virginia.libguides.com/>

News & Events Calendar <https://www.lva.virginia.gov/news/>

Thank you for your continued patience as we navigate this unprecedented
situation together.

May 27, 2021

https://listlva.lib.va.us/archives/va-roots.html