Thanks ... but actually, I'm looking for "evidence" about 100 years earlier
 than 1903.

 Carole

In a message dated 5/16/2011 8:38:04 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

In the  two cases I know of in my father's family, the children were given
their  mother's name even though the real father was known and shown on the
birth  records.  My granddad had 2 children before he married my
grandmother
in 1903.

To subscribe, change options, or unsubscribe,  please see the instructions
at