________________________________

From: Virginia Records Officer's Listserv
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Harrington, Richard
Sent: Thursday, September 30, 2010 11:09 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: ALPR Records Retention Policy

Captain Brooks,

I would consider these under the records series below and retain them
for 30 days.

GS-17 100796  Recordings, Surveillance or Monitoring: Not Used as
Evidence

This series documents the surveillance of an area and the actions of
police, suspects and bystanders by use of audio or video recordings.
Includes area surveillance and in-car monitoring of officers. Recordings
may be audio or video in electronic or magnetic format.  If not required
to support known investigations or litigation,

Retain 30 days after recording, then reuse or destroy. Disposal
Reporting on Certificate of Records Disposal (RM-3 form) not required.

Richard "Dick" Harrington

County Archivist / Recs. Mgr.

Fairfax Public Library Archives & Records

6800-A Industrial Rd.

Fairfax, VA  22151

Tel:  703 658-3876  Fax: 703 642-2832

"God cannot alter the past, though historians can."  Samuel Butler