Text Box: Celebrate MayDay 2009!
Share the News!
Let your colleagues know about MayDay
by forwarding this message.

Post May Day information on your Web site
or in a newsletter. A text version of our MayDay press release and variations on the MayDay logo are available at: Heritage Preservation Web site.

http://images.patronmail.com/pmailemailimages/836/179488/article_6.jpg

Take one step to help your
institution prepare for a disaster.

Archives, libraries, museums, and arts and historic preservation organizations across America will set aside May 1, 2009, to participate in MayDay, a national effort to protect collections from disasters. Recent severe storms and flooding remind us that disasters can occur at any time and in any place. Take one simple step to protect the art, artifacts, records, and historic sites you hold in trust.

Rounded Rectangle: There's still time to submit
your May Day activity and be eligible for our prize drawing!

Submit information about the MayDay activity at your institution and be entered in a drawing for disaster supplies donated by Gaylord Brothers. Four winners will be announced on
June 1, the beginning of the 2009 Atlantic hurricane season. Brief descriptions of 2009 MayDay plans or accomplishments should be submitted by May 22, 2009 to be eligible for prizes.
Send descriptions to:

http://images.patronmail.com/pmailemailimages/836/179488/article_3.jpgSale!

Heritage Preservation is offering
its award-winning Field Guide to Emergency Response and Emergency Response and Salvage Wheel at special MayDay prices from April 15 through May 31.
Visit our online Bookstore to take advantage of these great discounted items.

See who is doing what for MayDay 2009, download versions of the MayDay logo, browse our Bookstore sale, and get ideas for activities you can undertake, including:

Identify and label priority collections and objects for evacuation during emergencies. Click here to visit Heritage Preservation's MayDay site!

The Society of American Archivists (SAA) created the MayDay initiative in 2006 and promoted the idea to its members and allied organizations. The following year, the Heritage Emergency National Task Force and SAA expanded the concept to include all kinds of collecting institutions and historic preservation interests. www.archivists.org.

The Heritage Emergency National Task Force is making disaster preparedness and response a higher priority for cultural heritage organizations across the country. The Task Force—an initiative of Heritage Preservation and the Federal Emergency Management Agency—is a partnership of 40 national service organizations and government agencies. www.heritageemergency.org.

Heritage Preservation is a national non-profit organization dedicated to preserving the cultural heritage of the United States. By identifying risks, developing innovative programs, and providing broad public access to expert advice, Heritage Preservation assists museums, libraries, archives, organizations, and individuals in caring for our endangered heritage. www.heritagepreservation.org.

Heritage Preservation
1012 14th Street NW, Suite 1200 - Washington, D.C 20005
phone: 202-233-0800 / fax: 202-233-0807