Because I attached a copy of the portrait mentioned below, my request was
rejected.  Apologies if you have received this twice.

Looking for information on a "Robert Williamson.  Member of the Committee
1853 and General Inspector 1871-1882"  This information is hand-lettered on a
gold-leafed wooden placard attached at the base of a frame surrounding a
very fine 19th century oil portrait of this gentleman.   Any information or
suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Dave Purschwitz - Newport News