Bob,
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you yesterday.  I have two employees, both out with the flu, so needless to say, the one-man band was hustling yesterday in the VT Records Office.

 I am assuming from Mark's e-mail, that you were attempting to notify me of the meeting today.  I really appreciate that.  Unfortunately, I can't make it,  but I have heard from  nearly a dozen RMs around the state on this matter, so I am sure someone will get over there to discuss the HB 1791.

  I really hope you encourage it's withdrawal at this time for two reasons: first, it needs refined before it is subject to legislative action and I know once enacted, it would be even harder to change, and second, as you so aptly pointed out the, " real work will be in the second year of our study, when the focus groups will help us flesh out the changes to the VPRA.", I see no reason to NOT wait until then to use the expertise amongst state records professionals to produce a meaningful, adequately revised VPRA.

Looking forward to hearing the results of today's meeting from you and hopefully an opportunity, along with other state RMs, to make formal input to changes which are definitely needed in the VRPA.

Jerry Palmer
University Records Manager
Virginia Tech (0522)
600 Country Club Blvd.
Blacksburg, VA 24061
(540) 231-8320 ; Fax 1-6991
Common sense is instinct, and enough of it is genius.