I spoke with Rep. Cox's office this morning regarding the status of HB 1791 (revising the Public Records Act).  I was told that the bill is in subcommittee, and all proceedings are open to the public (which is as close as we get to a public hearing).  Apparently, HB 1791 was discussed early this morning and was sent for ammendment.  The person I spoke to did not know what the amendments are.  The ammended bill will be discussed on Feb. 1 at 7:00 a.m. in the 7th floor East Conference Room of the General Assembly Building in Richmond.  Anyone who wishes to speak for or against the amended bill must be there to do so.  The ammendments will be available at the meeting on 2/1.  Advanced copies of the amendments may or may not be available from Legislative Services.

Ginny Jones
(Virginia A. Jones, CRM)
Records Manager
Information Technology Division