Hi to the list

As to Virginia not having "native stone" and the need to import such...The
slatestone quarries of Buckingham County were the source of many unique and
still beautiful stones.  I do not know the earliest dates that these were used (or
mined) but cemeteries around Arvonia should be investigated to see what is
probably a most unique historical cemetery, for the historical value of  the
stones.  I have been there several times just to walk and appreciate the
craftmanship.