Hi Scott,
  Information on the death records depends on the
informant. And how much they knew.

 If you have the names of her siblings perhaps checking
marriage and/or death records for them and seeing how
the parents are listed would be an idea. See how many
variations of her father's name are given.

 When getting someone a death certificate from the
1920's one time, the lady I got it for wondered how come
the deceased did not know his parents? I had to tell her
he could not have been the informant. : )

   Beth