VA-ROOTS Digest - 30 Jan 2001 to 31 Jan 2001 (#2001-32)Hello list, You are all so knowledgable I thought I would try my rather complex question.  Most of the sources I have found state that Edwin DAINGERFIELD (b. abt. 1712, prob. New Kent County, d. ?) married Mary BASSETT (b. Aug. 7, 1716, New Kent Co., d. Aug. 23, 1755), abt. 1737 in New Kent.  She was the daughter of William BASSETT (1670-1723) and Joanna BURWELL (1674-1727).  Mary later married Edward Hack MOSELEY, Sr.  However, the Journal of John Harrower (the journal of an indentured servant who served as tutor to William (son of Edwin) DAINGERFIELD's children from 1774 to abt. 1777; ed. by. E. M. Riley, Director of Research of Colonial Williamsburg, published 1963) states in the notes, p. 172, that Edwin DAINGERFIELD married HANNAH BASSETT, not Mary.  Hannah was b. Mar. 9, 1713/14.  No source is cited for the marriage of Edwin and Hannah.  The spouse I had listed for her (from the R. Bolling Batte Papers) was Peter HACK.  The Journal notes also report that before she married Edwin DAINGERFIELD, Hannah BASSETT married Joseph ALLEN and had at least one child, William ALLEN (d. 1783).  According to the Journal, "In a note added to the will [William] DAINGERFIELD asked his half-brother (actually the will note just says brother) William ALLEN to act as executor."  The R. Bolling Batte Papers say that William ALLEN (d. July 1783) was the son of Joseph ALLEN and Hannah ??.  So she could be Hannah BASSETT who later married Edwin DAINGERFIELD.

So. . .my questions are, does anyone have more information about the name of Edwin DAINGERFIELD's wife, or about the name of the wife of Joseph ALLEN?  Failing that, does anyone know where I might find such information?  Sorry this was so lengthy, and thanks for any help.  Polly Zashin