Wondered if someone could please tell me the meaning of the following: Bond
and Interest to be paid in 1822 and 1824".

This estate is in Virginia dated October 1820. The son received interest
payments on January 1, 1822 and again January 1, 1824.

The other party was to receive "Bond and Interest to be paid January 1, 1822
and Bond and Interest to be paid January 1, 1824". I am familiar with a bond
being placed with the court to cover the estate until the estate is settled.
But, how can a bond and interest be paid in two separate years of accounting?
Would this bond and interest be for the person who placed the bond with the
court or for a child?  There is no further description of the above.

Thanks,
Carolyn Anderson
Lincoln, NE