Can anyone on this list tell me where I might find information on my ancestor, Christopher Johnson, who is named in the Historical Register of Virginians in the Revolution by John H. Gwathmey?  On page 420 it is noted, "Johnson, Christopher, Ensign, Louisa Mil., apptd. Oct. 13, 1777".

What I would like to have is proof of service and a description of this service.  His father, David Johnson, is named in Public Service Claims of Louisa Co., Virginia by Claudia Anderson Chisholm, Copyright 1976, reference pages 15, 40, 41 and 52.

In the History of Louisa County, VA Malcolm Harris says that Christopher enlisted as an Ensign in October 1777.  By all this I assume that he did serve but really need some proof of his service.

Any suggestions as to where I might obtain this would be much appreciated.  Thanks.

Jeannine Jackson
Georgia