On Sunday, if you are looking for something free and fabulous to do on your travels, come to Richmond's historic Shockoe Hill Cemetery
There, on October 2 at 2 pm, you will get an exclusive, behind the tombstones tour of Poe's Shockoe.
All the friends and loved ones Poe grew up with in Richmond are there.
And when he died on October 7, 1849, he should have ended up as an occupant of Shockoe Hill Cemetery as well.
Learn more about those he loved, as well as other acquaintences.
Take a turn around a picturesque Richmond landmark at 4th and Hospital Streets, and bring a friend or family member to make it a fun event.
"I am a Virginian, or at least I call myself one," Poe once wrote to a friend.
Visit Shockoe Hill Cemetery on Sunday, October 2 at 2 pm and find out why he said that, plus hear the solutions to two recently solved mysteries concerning the inventor of the detective story genre!
Alyson L. Taylor-White
804-920-2783