> Henry Wiencek wrote:
 > An excellent analysis can be found at:
 > http://voices.washingtonpost.com/answer-sheet/

Thanks for the tip. I hope others will join the discussion there. I've
just contributed a comment that begins, "Your headline says, 'The rich
irony in Virginia’s history textbook error.' But here's another irony:
though the Post's newsgatherers have rightly front-paged these false
textbook claims that African-Americans fought for the South, for five
years those same newsgatherers have outright ignored the plight of the
historic site that says the most about how enslaved Americans really did
respond to the Civil War."
Steven T. Corneliussen