I have been asked by a church to help them write their 100 year history.  In
the early days the church had Itinerant Preachers.

Would someone kindly point to where I could find additional source material
on Itinerant Preachers.  I really know very little on this subject.

Am I correct in assuming that in rural churches, members of the congregation
took on the responsibility of preaching.  From my own research I have found
that in the 1700's that Lewis Morgan (my husband's ancestor) was paid for
being a "READER" in Pittsylvania County.  Did this money come from the
county?

Would Itinerant Preachers be limited to those of the Baptist faith?

Phebe Morgan
Sarasota, FL