I hate to sound dogmatic, but I never use Wikipedia for anything but
rock-star bios. It's a giant trash heap. I have looked at entries relating
to TJ, GW, the Rev War, Civil War -- things I know something about -- and
errors are everywhere. Putting on my editor's hat, I once tried to correct
a simple, totally non-controversial factual mistake in the TJ entry--I had
at hand the latest, gold-standard research from the top expert at
Monticello--and some idiot kept restoring the wrong info. I gave up. It's
all amateurs over there, playing around.

Henry Wiencek
Charlottesville