From: Virginia Jenkins [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 10:29 AM

The Dorchester County Historical Society is preparing an exhibit on
wheat growing on the Eastern Shore.  I understand that this area was
known as the 'Breadbasket of the American Revolution' and that both
British and Colonial agents purchased supplies for both sides of the
conflict.  We have a replica of colonial Maryland currency.  Would it be
appropriate to display Delaware, Pennsylvania, and/or New Jersey
currency as well?  Would all of these bills have been legal tender and
circulating in this area at the time?

Thanks!

Virginia Jenkins
Cambridge, MD