If you enjoy "alternative" history, this next listing is a great read---  "Gray Victory" by Robert Skimin set in Richmond after The War.

The novel "Traveller" is a horse's view of The War.  And Traveller lived in Lexington after The War until his death.

"Murder at Confederate Headquarters" by Susan Crites is set in Martinsburg, Va (then),WV (now).

The book "The Great Plantation" by Clifford Dowey is one of the best books I have ever read, but of course, I like anything he wrote.

Joan Logan Brooks
a Southside Virginian through 11 proven generations