During some research on another matter, I recall reading that the area that
included Nansemond County had a number of Puritans. It went on to state
that a number of them migrated to Maryland around 1651 to escape from the
unpopularity of the Puritans in that region of Virginia.  Unfortunately, I
did not note the source; however, I now need to find information regarding
the issue.  Although Cromwell was in charge in England, it appears that the
Royalists tended to have the upper hand in Virginia.

I need confimation of this and any sources that expound on this.

Cary Anderson, Ed.D., retired
P.O. Box 684
Decatur, AR 72722-0685