I am searching for information on Capt. John Willis' Company, 2nd Virginia Regiment, commanded by Christian Febiger, Esq. during the Rev. War.

I am particularly interested in their activities from October 1777 through January 1778.

Andrew Brown of North Garden, Albemarle Co., VA, was on the roll as a private during this time and desserted on January 7, 1778. I would like to know the circumstances that may have caused his dessertion. Fear, hunger, cold, exposure, etc.

Thank you,
Lonny J. (Brown) Watro