I'm looking for information on Col. William Campbell's Regiment
that served in the Whiskey Rebellion during the fall of 1794.

The man who built my house, Peter Elliott, was a private in
Capt. John Stewart's Company, Maj. George Benn's Battalion
of Col. Campbell's Regiment, according to a pay roll from
Winchester, Virginia dated November 17, 1794.

Note: This Col. William Campbell is not the one of Revolutionary
War Fame....he died at the end of the Revolution (in 1783, I think).

Thank you,

Scott Smith
Lynchburg
www.wscottsmith.com