VA-ROOTS Archives

May 2012

From:
George A Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 May 2012 16:07:36 -0700
I have an ancestor (possibly immigrant) who has been referenced in the Colonial Record as being under threat of massacre by the Meherrin  Indians in Nansemond County, and subsequently found to be OK.  He was Lewis Williams and was recorded to be born in ?1646....signed grievences during Bacon's Rebellion, subsequently was in NC (the NC/VA state line moved north).  I have been unable to find the dates of the events.  Can anyone help?  Thanks in advance for any effort.  George