VA-ROOTS Archives

February 2010

From:
Sharon Leonard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Feb 2010 07:25:57 EST
Thank you Mary - Yes, any and all information is welcomed.
Sharon

In a message dated 2/4/2010 2:59:38 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

According to Carol McGinnis' book, Virginia Genealogy,  Albemarle
marriage records start in 1780. Other records start: probate  and
court, 1744; land, 1748; birth and death, 1853-61.

Hope this  helps.

Mary

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 7:42 AM, Sharon Leonard  <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Since Albemarle County was formed from a  portion of Western Goochland
> County about 1745, and Vogt and Kethley's  "Albemarle County Marriages
> 1780-1853" begins in 1780, would marriages  prior to 1780 be found in
Goochland?