VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2009

From:
nelhatch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 22 Jan 2009 12:00:09 -0700
HATCHER website: http://hatcherfamilyassn.com
HALL DNA project: http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~nhatcher/hall/HDNAtest.htm
"If you can't stand the skeletons, stay out of the closet" - Val D Greenwood

"Jos" can also be Josiah.

The problem I've occasionally encountered is the interpretation of Jas and Jos. They look amazingly alike when handwritten and I've often found Jos transcribed as Jas or James and Jas transcribed as Jos or Joseph.

Nel Hatcher