VA-ROOTS Archives

September 2006

From:
Janie Coffey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janie Coffey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Sep 2006 09:08:17 -0400
I am doing some research on a few Bailey's that keep intersecting with
Callum Bailey, but I have never been able to prove how they are connected:

I have a John R. Bailey (b. 1793 in Louisa, VA, died in Fayette KY) born to
John Bailey and Lucinda Goldsmith (married in Louisa Co VA and both died in
Fayette KY).

I am trying to find the father of John (the elder one) and think it may be
-- Callum Sr., his brother Thomas or possibly Callum Sr. is John's uncle
(born to a son of Callum's father Thomas).

The cross connections I have are:
Lucinda Goldsmith (John's wife) is the daughter of William Goldsmith and
Isabella Roundtree and
Callum Bailey's second wife is Elizabeth Roundtree, Isabella's sister.

we found a comment that John Bailey married his first cousin, which Lucinda
would be, but John could also be a cousin through another connection but the
coincidence is odd

secondly, we know John R. Bailey's second wife was Rosaline Wade, born to
James Wade (wife not known) BUT we know that there is a James Wade who was
married to Sarah Frances Bailey, daughter of Callum Jr. We don't know if it
is the SAME James Wade, but they are all in the right places at the right
times (VA and KY).

So we have two coincidences possibly linking Callum Bailey (or someone very
close to him) to our John Bailey but no real connections. Any info you might
have, know of or can direct me to would be greatly appreciated....