VA-ROOTS Archives

February 2004

From:
Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 2004 10:05:39 -0600
To all; FYI
----- Original Message -----
From: Paul Drake
...Sent: Monday, February 02, 2004 10:03 AM
Subject: Re: another thing

You will have to visit, be VERY pleasant, tell them you have come a LONG way to do research, and that you will diligently care for whatever they allow you to examine.  Take a pair of THIN  rubber gloves (medical gloves preferred),  and ask if they want you to wear those when handling the old records.  I have never been turned down with this approach (knock on wood).  :-)    Paul