VA-ROOTS Archives

June 2007

From:
Jeanine Scholz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeanine Scholz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2007 16:48:50 -0400
There were 2 or 3 younger children who were not mentioned in the bound out
records so I am not sure what happened in their case, one was a girl. One
keeps forgetting that it was basically an agrarian society at that time.

One thing that was of interest in my ancestor's case, his guardian refused to
release him when he wanted to serve in the Revolutionary War because he
was not yet 21. My ancestor joined anyway but  complained bitterly in his
pension papers that his guardian refused to give him the $50 he owed him for
being bound to him.

I don't know what that was all about.

Jeanine