VA-ROOTS Archives

April 2004

From:
Pat Oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pat Oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Apr 2004 12:13:37 -0500
In 1787 and 1788, Comfort Oliver, a female head-of-household, was a
taxpayer in Pittsylvania Co., VA with three tithables, Samuel Oliver,
Joseph Oliver and Thomas Oliver.

In 1789, a Comfort Oliver, female head-of-household, was a taxpayer
in Fauquier Co., VA with Thomas Oliver, Samuel Oliver and William
Oliver as tithables.

In 1790, a Comfort Oliver, female head-of-household, was a taxpayer
in Fauquier Co., VA with Samuel Oliver and Joseph Oliver as tithables.

She was not listed again in Fauquier but in 1805, 1806 and 1808 a
Comfort was listed as a taxpayer in Bourbon County, KY.

The names Samuel, Thomas, Joseph and William Oliver appear repeatedly
in Fauquier and Bourbon during and after these dates but I've been
unable to separate them from other Oliver men of the same names.

I would sincerely appreciate any information regarding Comfort and
these Oliver men who might have been her sons.

Willis Oliver
--
Pat Oliver  (Willis P. Oliver)

* Proud to sponsor these Western Kentucky Genealogy Pages:  *
* http://home.hiwaay.net/~woliver/caldwell.html             *
* http://home.hiwaay.net/~woliver/crittenden.html           *
* http://home.hiwaay.net/~woliver/livingston.html           *
* http://home.hiwaay.net/~woliver/lyon.html                 *