VA-ROOTS Archives

February 2008

From:
Bill Davidson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Davidson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2008 17:15:47 -0500
Jim,

From the DNA website link that you provided, I see that you are from the
"Lower Norfolk group."  That is also the group from which the "Buckingham
Moseleys" apparently descend (but I guess no one from the "Buckingham
branch" of the overall family has joined the DNA project).  For example,
there was a Dr. Charles Floyd Moseley (born 1822) in Buckingham who married
a Mary Marshall Moseley (daughter of John Moseley and Mary "Polly"
Berryman).  Per what appears to be a very well-researched set of charts by
Warren Forsythe on RootsWeb World Connect, BOTH of the above Moseley
families descend from the Authur Moseley (born about 1636) who came to the
Norfolk area with his father William Moseley in 1649.

Bill Davidson