VA-ROOTS Archives

March 2007

From:
Katie Holland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Katie Holland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Mar 2007 16:04:12 -0800
A number of regional libraries share with their neighbors; you have to go to the online Contact Us, or call, or go see the Information area of your local library.  Librarians love these questions.  Believe me, I have done genealogy before I even graduated high school; if I had known about this, I would have been a lot further along.  Just totally coincidentally, Paul Drake last summer suggested I go to the library online to see if Heritage Quest was available.  And, believe me (again) this is Washington, DC.  Services are abundant here.  But I had no idea this was available online.  So, ask your library if it is available to you.  For some of you, just having it available in the library itself is a lot easier than scheduling a trip to your nearest Family center, or a trip here.

  Like I said, I live in the Washington, DC metro area.  A number of people here do not even know they can go to a Virginia library or a DC library or a Maryland library and share privileges, so ask.  And, no, I'm not lazy, I still have minor children at home and to do this at night while they are sleeping is alot easier than squeezing in a trip anywhere while they are at school!

  Katie Holland