VA-ROOTS Archives

February 2004

From:
Jean Mayes <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jean Mayes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 2004 15:43:47 -0500
I have read several comments about people who are new to the list.  I
signed up to learn something, not to give advice, because I don't know very
much about genealogy.  I do want to learn and I have learned quite a bit by
reading the notes to the list.  I do hope that those of you who have been
doing genealogy for many years don't mind some of us newbies joining the
list.  I want to learn all I can and have found some valuable information.
Thanks to all who are willing to share.  We all have to start somewhere.
Many of us cannot travel to all the states where our forefathers lived and
the internet lists, etc. is a valuable aid to us.  I have been to several
states and have checked records., but I have never had the priviledge of
visiting Virginia where my great grandfather and those before him were
born.  Thanks for helping.  Jean