VA-ROOTS Archives

July 2014

Date:
Mon, 7 Jul 2014 14:41:32 -0500
Thanks to all who have answered so far.  The Will for John Brown shows just "friend," not "next friend" (which I already knew had it own meaning).  Perhaps "friend Daniel Brown, executor" was only a cousin or nephew (if I can identify such a potential person), and maybe the Daniel Brown and the Thomas Brown who were witnesses were the actual brothers of John Brown.  DNA testing and conventional research certainly imply that all of the Daniel Browns in that immediate area were related (DNA "Group 10").

Bill Davidson