VA-ROOTS Archives

July 2003

Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 2003 17:25:07 EDT
Looking for relatives that have two or more of the given names Alonzo,
Aldridge, Emily and Marshall in their FORD, BROWN or LEWIS line born in VA in the
1760 - 1810 era. I'm trying to find a spouse for my GGGG Grandfather, Richard
FORD, that named four of his seven Children these names (the other three were
William, Eliza and Mary).

There are two Marshall BROWNs in Fauquier in that time period and one has a
Daughter Emily. I realize that Supreme Court Justice John MARSHALL was from
Fauquier and they may have gotten their given names after him.

Richard was in the PPT / Tithables in 1799 and 1800 living with his Father
(most likely) Francis and Brother (again, most likely) James. In 1804 and 1806
he was in Prince William Co., VA bordering Fauquier. In 1808 till 1817 he was
back in Fauquier in the tithables (and 1810 VA Census with family). He then
showed up in Mason Co., VA in 1820 in the PPT listings and 1820 VA Census and
appeared in the tithables till 1828 when he died intestate.

I am hoping the rare combination of given names for his Children might give a
surname for Richard's Wife.

Thanks for any help. Regards, Tim Spradling