VA-ROOTS Archives

October 2004

From:
Anita Wills <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anita Wills <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Oct 2004 22:42:27 GMT
Everyone,
In April of 2003, I took a maternal line DNA test through Family Tree DNA. I agreed to share information with my DNA cousins, and have met many since that time. Today I received a message from a DNA cousin in Russia, and her information surprised me.

I copied her message below:
Iwas born in Russia, but my gr gr gr gr mothers came from West Earope. MY  DNA propably came from Spanish-Mediterian area, and HVR 2 confirm about  it. I know just names my gr......Zdankin, Seidorov/ Sidorov. May be they are a sephardic jews.

Galinda

This is the first time anyone has mentioned that my ancestors may have been Jewish. The DNA results stated that my female maternal ancestor, entered Europe about 45,000 years ago. Other family members who took a DNA test were traced back to Morocco. Matching DNA is found in the Basque Region of Spain, Switzerland, Germany, France, England, and Virginia.

If anyone has information about to on Sephardic Jews, and Spain, please contact me. The surnames I am researching are Lewis, Pinn, Jackson, Powell, Cooper, Evans, Bowden, and Redcross.

It is amazing what a little drop of spit can reveal.

Anita

Notes And Documents of Free Persons of Color-Available at Amazon.com:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1411603338/qid=1098122382/sr=2-1/ref=pd_ka_b_2_1/103-8775456-1855815