VA-ROOTS Archives

November 2002

From:
James Cary <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James Cary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 12:18:58 -0500
While on a genealogy trip to Southampton County this sping. I came upon a
will book II by Blanch Adams at the Walter Cecil Rawls Library & Museum in
Courtland Virginia. The book had an entry for Ann Cary that read like this:

Cary, Ann.  Estate appraised by Jeb. Darden, William Hart and John Bishop.
D. Dec. 16,1786  R. June 14,1787 Page 208.

My question is this; Because this is an abstract of a will or appraisal, I
assumed that the document no longer exist, but I could be wrong? Does
anyone know if my assumtion is correct or should I look for more
documentation?

Jim Cary