VA-ROOTS Archives

March 2009

From:
Bill Davidson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Davidson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Mar 2009 09:00:51 -0400
My DNA results (37 markers) are available online to all who wish to see
them....and I could not care less.  The government already has my
fingerprints anyway (I used to work in the nuclear industry, and I was in
the army), and I don't plan to commit any crimes.  If someone wants to try
to "clone me" via my skin cells taken from the inside of my cheeks....I
could not care less.  Besides, this is no more likely than when we leave a
"sample" at our doctor's office or when we leave our hair on the floor of
our hairdresser/barber....our DNA is "everywhere."

People worry about stuff that is not worth worrying about.  I wanted to
determine my lineage, and DNA was the only way to do it with any
certainty....period.  I would not take a million dollars (literally) for the
DNA results from both my paternal and maternal sides of the family.

Bill