VA-ROOTS Archives

June 2001

From:
marsha moses <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 13:55:44 -0400
I hope to make a quick trip to Richmond in order to spend the day at the
Virginia State Library. I have never been to Richmond before and I will
be going by myself.  I will be driving on Friday and using all of
Saturday at the Library.  There was some discussion that the library
might be closed on Saturdays.  Before I drive all of that way, I want to
make sure that indeed the library is still open on Saturdays.  Also
could someone tell me if everything in the library is available on
Saturdays....I would hate to find out that the rare books or archives or
some such department is closed on Saturday.  I know that often the very
specific collections in a major library can have different hours from
that of the library itself.

I have a few hours on Sunday.  I am guessing that the library is closed
on Sunday.  If that is the case, can someone tell me bookstores or other
places of interest to a genealogist that might be open on Sunday morning
or early afternoon.   I will be driving home via I-64 going to WV.
Thanks for your help.  Marsha in WV