VA-ROOTS Archives

May 2006

From:
Bill Davidson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Davidson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 May 2006 19:45:52 -0400
I need to correct something in my last post.  The captain mentioned in the
War of 1812 record that I had was simply shown as Captain Davidson, NOT
Captain William Davidson.  In addition, the only Captain Davidson in a VA
unit that I see in the information just provided to me by another
researcher (from the National Archives) is Captain Robert Davidson.  As
such, maybe the Captain Davidson mentioned in the VA record that I had was
actually a Robert Davidson. All of the "VA William Davidsons" in the
National Archives records just provided to me were privates, sergeants
or "drummer."  There WAS, however, a Captain William Davidson who was
buried in Botetourt Co., VA in 1829.  Maybe he was promoted to Captain in
his local milita AFTER the war.  Whether he was one of the
various "enlisted" William Davidsons from VA shown in the National
Archives records, I do not know.

Bill Davidson