VA-ROOTS Archives

February 2003

Date:
Sat, 8 Feb 2003 19:29:21 -0800
If you don't do the Ladies then you're missing 50% of your ancestry. If I
didn't work on the female line I would have missed having Mercy Woodbridge
as an ancestor. I would have missed her mother Abigail Leete, and
grandmother Mercy Dudley. Abigail's father was William Leete, Governor of
Connecticut, and Mercy's father was Thomas Dudley, Governor of
Massachusetts. I would not have known that my wife is my 18th cousin once
removed through Catherine Roet.

Ed Swan
Olympia, WA