VA-ROOTS Archives

April 2002

From:
Sharon Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sharon Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 05:11:03 -0500
Hello,

Do any of you have any information on William H. Clark born 7 Apr 1757,
Shenandoah Co., VA. He was a Major in the American Revolution. He first
married Elizabeth SEVIER, daughter of the first governor of TN, John
Sevier. From information I've found from various web pages, they had
about 3 children, and then she died 15 Nov 1790. He married Ruth GORDON
14 Feb 1792, and they had several children. He died in Hall Co., GA in 1843.

William Clark was listed on page 114 of the 1830 Hall Co., GA census. My
gg-grandfather, Caleb CLARK, was listed on page 113 of the same census.
Members of Caleb's descendants have been trying to find his parents for
over 50 years, and none of us have been successful. Caleb was born in
1794, reportedly in SC. I really don't think Caleb was William's son,
but he could have been a nephew or cousin.

If any of you have any information on William H. Clark, his brothers and
their ancestors, I would be forever grateful if you would share that
information. I'll be happy to share what information I have.

Thank you.

Sharon Clark
Fort Worth, TX