VA-ROOTS Archives

September 2003

From:
Lee Anne Center <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lee Anne Center <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 10:30:59 -0700
If you have FUQUA A FIGHT FOR FREEDOM by Alys Dean Smith Irwin, would you please tell me if it provides birth dates for the children of John Bates (b. 1717 York Co. VA, d. 1765 intestate in Halifax Co. VA)? John was married to 1) Elizabeth Alford of New Kent Co. VA (d. 1747) and 2) Martha Moore (widow of Hugh Moore). John's children are given as

Susannah
Ursula
Elizabeth
Ann
Hannah
Joseph
William and Unity are listed as children by some sources

If this book also lists dates for Elizabeth Alford and Martha Moore, please let me know. An Alford web page lists Elizabeth's birth date as 1 Jul 1719, New Kent County and her father John Alford (b.  1693) and grandfather as John Alford (b. 1645).

Thanks,
Lee Anne