VA-ROOTS Archives

February 2008

Date:
Fri, 1 Feb 2008 18:40:31 -0600
James King b. 1770 -1793 in Virginia, possibly Surry area, married Elizabeth
Clemens, daughter of Gershom Clemens in Livingston Co. Ky June 8, 1811. They
raised a large family in Pope Co., Illinois.
DNA results have matched James King descendants to another family in Surry
who have always gone by the name Burrell/    Burwell.  We  suspect that the
ancestor of the Burrell family is in fact a "William King".  Yet another
match was made with a very young King male in N.C. who descends from a
"Henry King" who migrated to N.C. from either Surry or Brunswick Co. Va. in
the late 1700's.
There are good records for the James King family from the time of his
marriage. Can anyone help me with my brick wall and reveal any clues to
James King's family, either father or siblings in or around the James River
area?