VA-ROOTS Archives

November 2005

From:
Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Nov 2005 20:22:05 -0600
How interesting. Once again, Patte, you have demonstrated the absolute need to observe and note the events and commerce of the "wheres" of your people.  Without those scraps and pieces of local history within which your ancestors were born, moved, lived, and died, genealogy becomes nothing more than cold names and meaningless dates; about as interesting as watching flies on the back porch.

    Paul Drake JD
 Genealogist & Author
<www.DrakesBooks.com>
     931-484-9129