VA-ROOTS Archives

November 2017

Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2017 10:46:54 -0600
 I knew 1 Barnett family quite well ... Dick and I went to high school
together in the 1950s ..​His  dad was Kermit ..they loved in a little
community called Belfast in the East End of Russell County... (fact is
there was a small community named "Barnett"  just outside Lebanon, Va.
If you'd like to call me 281-326-6980 or 281-326-3952 (I live near Houston,
TX. now) I call tell you what I know  and also tell you about a great book
about Russell County and area  starting in  the mid-1800s up to the
present. It is called "Working for the Stuarts" (big landowners of that
area at the time (mid-1800s to now) ...written by Kathy Shearer  of Emory,
VA.  Her publisher is Clinch Mountain Press of Emory.....
The Barnett Family has several sections written about it. YOu can find info
on  it on the web (she has a web site)..I contributed a tiny bit to the
book.

Feel free to call me if you think I can help.
I'll be out of my office until about 3 PM this afternoon.
Regards, Tony Frye