VA-ROOTS Archives

July 2003

Date:
Mon, 7 Jul 2003 15:32:14 EDT
To all on this list.

 I do not consider the posting by Frank to be that of a commercial concern.
It is just an offer by another Genealogist to help those of us, who can no
longer make it to the Library of Virginia, find out something about our ancestry.
How generous to see one person to offer time and expense to help us who no
longer able to visit Richmond like we would like.

This list has had more activity today 7 July than its had in last year all
together. It has gotten boring. When Ms Gentry was there or Ms Roderick and
others were there it was such a pleasent place to get an answer. Everything I have
seen fromMr. Tartar has been sarcasticand unbecoming of employee of
taxpayers. Never before have I ever seen such uncaring rude behavior.

When able and when living in Va. I loved visiting this greatest of all
Archival institutuions of American history. I know the budget was cut but did my
share of writing in support of it. There are records there that can not be found
any other place in America and they should be treasured. Mr. Tartar should not
be responsible for answering any emails if he is going to be rude and
offensive.

This should not be a decision of Brent Tartar if someone kindly offers to do
some research for a small fee, when it benefits the rest of us unable to come
ourselves. And why should he not make expenses for what he is doing. I would
rather a caring person do this than any of those large commercial "research"
groups who you can not rely on to give you documentation. I have done genealogy
for nearly 50 years and am familiar with what it involves.

I use the delete Key often but today I wanted to read all this to say this
list had gone to the dogs till a skunk walked across the road. As I said I have
subscribed to this list for about 7 years and the ladies that ran it did a
great job, and were so kind but then I always knew women did things better than
men as a rule and with more care for the patrons.  ;)  <*}}}}}}><
Sarah R Browder