VA-ROOTS Archives

October 2000

Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 2000 17:26:00 EDT
Question and Clarification. There was statement that some county clerks must
give permission before one can access that county's records at the LVA. Is
this permission just needed for accessing that county's  records at
LVA or has this now become a practice even at the courthouse of the
particular county itself ? I know that seems radical, but what I have run
into already from Spotsylvania is pretty radical and IF I have to drive 200
miles to beg  and say pretty please just to see a deed book, I'd like to be
prepared for a retort.
Jim

http://listlva.lib.va.us/archives/va-roots.html.